Sunday, March 06, 2005

Nineteen Shimmers

Nineteen shimmers made of glass
Take trouble across the street.
I can order my coffee by the side of the road
And watch as all the lovelies
Break into parades in front of every suggestion of a slip or a ship or a sail to
Star her by.
Shameless sandwich on my front face,
Licking backwards through all the muck ever inhabited by faceless wonders and
Working vermin from out of the speed of light.
This week has worn out its sleeves on my neck.
I can feel the behavior rotting through my flimsiest bedrooms,
Closet doors open to the waiting sun, the
“Oh it’s twelve o-clock” sun
Standing there
High and mighty in the sky,
Reminding me that I do what for a life,
A what for living that makes it of any difference except to those who can
Hear
Listen
Make an insouciance of shape perk into
Everyone’s outer ear and
Inner.
This is a good word, if not overused.
Inner; winner; sinner.
Beginner.
My room is always clean, and the kangaroos don’t come here anymore.

No comments: