Thursday, October 18, 2007

No Signal

"done" while listening to some friends ("No Signal") play all manner and degree of unplanned/planned music




Easy likes the orange room
Butter wax melt suave down
Lest the floor come up for air
Smooth my space
Leave my face
Intact
Reflect the world outside
Window to the traffic passing by
Where is all the complicated complication?
Blued to the walls by
Saxy sounds

***

1960s tv
Love-Boat
Claude Bolling meets Chet Atkins
On a posh tropical island
The survivors of The Poseidon Adventure
Have managed to forget their ordeal
And sing to the waves now
From their loft on the beach
Above the sand
In the sounds of clubby excess
Done to the rhythm of islands.
Don’t worry, be happy
What color is the sky
How many books were left to drown
And now we dance
It’s a good thing that piano was nailed to the floor
Otherwise there’d be
Everything left

***

Tap my toe
Brazen fountain
Cool water
Lick upside my face
To north of verbal mind.
The underpants of infinity
Play for spare change
In the corners of lost rooms
Where only singing is remembered
And the walls
Breathe the blood of stars
From out of their own histories.
Meanwhile, there is this
This
Singing
From under the door
And a light to
(Dimly)
Light the way

***

Doorbells
Bong
Dong
Let the carrier in
Let in the fly on the window
A monkey in velvet
Pants?
But I must continue to wash the dishes
At three in the morning
Left over from the ache of my day
So that the sun may rise in the morning.
My leg is alseep
But the pins are needling
Flesh to attention.
I can do all manner of chores this way.
And now I must dance to my
Perceived obligations
As the world rattles the windows with all the
Small insistence of birds
Pecking feed at feet which are
Awake
I dance
To light
In the domestic morning
My ankles know so well.
Everyone is asleep
But I am
Alive

***

A Spanish-Arabian garden
Painted by Edgar Meyer
In the foothills of Tennessee
Mom,
Elvis doesn’t live here
Anymore
And there is all of this
Beat
Flying around
Smacking the hills
With its wet-dry smile.
The sun shines green
Through the mist on the horizon
And makes my doorstep
Cool and warm at once.
I have raised my life here
With the rocks and trees,
Grass and lilies,
Colors of years
Moving
Always moving

No comments: